Tags are a great way to fine-tune the Orbit experience to your needs. They can be used to categorise your members however you need, and these categories can then be used to super-power search and filtering of members throughout the app.
Now, we’ve made it easier to manage your tags!
Tag Managerin your workspace settings to see every single tag present in your workspace as well as how many members it is linked to.
From the Tag Manager you can:
- Edit a tag to update it for every member it’s associated with.
- Delete any number of tags to remove them from your workspace.
- Search and filter your tags to see just how you’ve used them.
- Reference the members who will be impacted by clicking the “member count” link for a specific tag. This will take you to a filtered view of the members table to highlight exactly which members will be changed.
Orbit now supports the popular community success and engagement platform, inSided!
inSided allows companies to bring customer feedback, self-serve support, product feedback and customer advocacy together in one platform.
Our integration is available for users of our Premium and Enterprise plans and enables workspaces to track:
- New questionsand question replies
- New articlesand replies to those articles
- New conversationsand replies to conversation topics
- New ideasand replies to ideas
You can find out more about the integration, including set up steps in our Knowledge Base article.
Activities are a key component to Orbit - the more Activities you track, the better you can understand how people are interacting within your community.
To make Activities even easier to work with, we've added a few improvements to help you manage your Activity types. Now you can:
- Delete activity types:Keep your data clean by deleting custom activity types you created that you no longer need.
- Search activity types:Use the search bar to find the activity type you're looking for. Check out this Loom to see it in action.
- Merge activity types:Use the new merge UI to combine activity types. Just go to Activity Types, select the types you want to combine, and click "Merge"
Check out these new features here: https://app.orbit.love/settings/activity_types
We're excited to announce our new integration with DEV is now available on our Growth, Premium and Enterprise plans.
You can use it to track comment and follow activities for individual users, or for organization profiles. It's also possible to add more than one instance of this integration should you want to track multiple users, or multiple org profiles.
Setup details and a full overview of the functionality can be found in our Knowledge Base.
Note: If you use the Community/Ready-to-Connect version of our DEV integration and you want to switch to using this new version, please disable the GitHub Action that runs it before adding the new integration to avoid any duplication.
We've added a new notification to Orbit that lets you know if there is an issue with the authentication credentials for any of the integrations you have connected to your Orbit workspace.
Notifications live in the top navigation of Orbit, and you can find them by clicking on the bell icon next to your workspace name.
If you have email notifications turned on in your account settings, you will also receive the notification via email.
Our official Reddit integration is now available!
You can use it to capture posts and replies for a specific Subreddit, or a selection of Subreddits. All the details on what it does, and how to set it up can be found in our Knowledge Base.
The Reddit integration is available on our Growth plan, this may mean that you need to upgrade your account in order to add it to your workspace.
Note: If you previously used the Community/Ready-to-Connect version of our Reddit integration, please disable the GitHub Action that runs it before adding the new integration to avoid any duplication.
Our Stack Overflow integration is now available!
Out of the box you can use it to capture both questions and answers to questions for a specific tag or combined selection of tags (if you're looking to be very specific!).
You can find out more about how to set it up in our Knowledge Base.
Note: If you previously used the Community/Ready-to-Connect version of our Stack Overflow integration, please disable the GitHub Action that runs it before adding the new integration to avoid any duplication.
We have now released Automations as a public beta. From today you have the ability to create workflows that can be activated by any of the following triggers:
- An activity being added to a member (with additional filtering for specific activity types and member tags)
- A new member being added to your workspace
- A new note being added to a member
You can combine those triggers with any of the following actions:
- Send a notification to a Slack channel
- Automatically add a new tag, or set of tags to a member
- Send to a Webhook
A full overview including the steps to get started creating your first workflow can be found in our Knowledge Base.
As this is a beta, we're very keen to hear your feedback about how we should develop this feature and what you'd like to be able to do with it in future. Feel free to share your thoughts on our Ideas Board.
We're excited to share that our LinkedIn integration is now available.
Initially, it supports adding comments on posts made via a company profile as activities in Orbit. Feel free to tell us about other elements that you'd like to see in future via our Ideas Board.
You can add the LinkedIn integration from the Integrations page of your workspace's Settings.
For more information on the setup process, take a look at the Knowledge Base article.
Note: If you previously used the Ready-to-Connect version of LinkedIn, you should shut it down before connecting the new official integration to your workspace. All your previous activities will still exist and the new integration will pick up where the old one left off.
You know that feeling when you're deep in the weeds of data--toggling filters, changing sort orders, doing all the complex stuff --and then you go look at a different tab, come back, and
sobyour work is all gone? Well now that won't happen in your workspace!
Orbit now saves the last state of each tab you visit in your workspace. Which means you can:
- bounce between tabs without losing your work
- quickly see that one particular view you care most about on the Activities tab
- always see the Members table sorted by Love
We hope this small tweak add big benefits to your Orbit workflow.